I love a festival, and savvy packing is key, not just your wardrobe but your skin and body care essentials. Try to keep it simple, think multi tasking keeping the number of products to a minimum and or small bottles, you are going to have enough to lug around without a full bathroom cabinet in a bag to contend with as well. A trip to muji to stock up on small plastic pots to decant product in is a great space saving travel idea.
1. A great cleanser is key, for that fresh faced feeling even if you cant shower and good for removing face paints and glitter, essential if you get a little carried away with the hippie vibe.
2. A face balm is probably the most multi-tasking of products, it can be used as a face cleanser, eye makeup remover, moisturiser, great for rough hands, body, lips and good all round skin healer and good frizzy hair tamer.
3. Facial spritz, handbag sizes are readily available you might not be able to find clean water to cleanse your face so a tonic or spritz to freshen the complexion keep you fresh feeling and waken you up is perfect, Evian, Liz Earle, avenue all do fabulous spritzes.
4. Choose makeup that is essential to you, For me that’s a lipstick, mascara and a good long lasting eyeliner
5. The weather may not be fully predictable but an SPF is in the essentials pile, a tinted SPF doubles as a touch of colour as well as a sun protection and an east to apply SPF 30 or 50 for the body.
6. Dry shampoo – goes without saying
7. Hand sanitiser or gel, you may not be able to get to running water to keep your hands clean.
8. Deodorant – go for a satin roll on, small to pack and work a treat
9. Hair bands a plenty, pony bands, flower hippie bands, head scarf, what ever takes your fancy to dress up your tresses without washing them
10. Beauty miniatures, such as the Dr. Hauschka skincare kit or Liz Earle miniatures are a great way of taking everything you need for a few days and not being concerned if you just throw the empties away before packing up to get home.
And the mother in me says don’t forget plasters, antiseptic spray, and paracetamol, even if you don’t need them, someone you meet will !