Planning ahead is key……
1. If you are going to be in the sun and you have retinols in your skincare stop using these at least 5 days before you go, because retinol speeds skin cell turnover this is a precaution to prevent damaging your skin.
2. Start take a mega antioxidant supplement weeks before travel to counterbalance the extra UV exposure to be fighting those free radicals preventing damage to cells.
3. Book a facial within the week before you travel, something hydrating to get the skin in a bright, healthy, nourished condition.
4. The night before flying do a hydrating face mask to counterbalance the dry air in the plane and travel trauma we are all so familiar with to the skin.
5. Use a serum with hylauronic acid in before during after after your holiday, this is all about holding moisture within cells.
6. Plan your skincare for specific destinations and climates. If its humid you might not need such a heavy moisturiser but a good cleanser and serum. If its dry, invest in a good hydrating moisturiser or oil.
7. Balms can be really multifunctional, from hydrating lips, eyelids, to nourishing the skin, running through dry hair, moisturising feet the list is endless.
8. SPF looses its potency with time once opened, make sure yours is fresh and active by buying a new one.
9. Take a good cleansing wash to thoroughly remove your sunscreen at the end of each day to prevent buildup and blocked pores.
10. Book a deep cleansing, exfoliating facial for when you return.