Courgetti, avocado pesto #SkinFood
You can add your own topping or stir in your own personal favourite veggies, salad or protein. I topped this with cherry tomatoes and halloumi. Also works really well with seared tuna steak and olives with a sprinkle of cayene pepper to spice it up.
1 cup of peas
small handful spinach
small handful coriander or basil
large sprig of mint
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 – 2 cloves garlic
juice of 2 limes
salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon baobab powder
- Drop the Spiralize courgette into boiling water with frozen peas for 1 minutes. take out and drain.
- To make the pesto, mix all other ingredients in a food processor, add more olive oil and seasoning to taste.
- In a frying pan place courgetti, peas with 2-3 table spoons of pesto, stir through and heat for a minute.
- Serve with your choice of toppings
This dish has some key skinFood ingredients for supporting dry, sensitive and ageing skin, with an added boost of antioxidants of baobab.
- Avocados – packed with essential fatty acids, lots of vitamin E, nourishing the skin from the inside
- Brazil nuts – high levels of essential skin minerals such as selenium, zinc, copper, magnesium. Selenium aids the production of an antioxidant called glutathione, which slows down the skin’s ageing process by repairing cell damage. Brazil nut oil is high in alpha, linoleic, and oleic acids. It is rich in both vitamins A and E and proteins.
- Baobab powder – Mega Vitamin C, essential skin antioxidant.